About the Company
They reward all individuals with more than just a salary; they train and develop, listen to each other’s ideas, they empower, they collaborate. They embrace every individual’s unique talent and skills set and this wealthy resource is valued, opening many new paths to future successes.
About our Culture
They have a culture of modesty and humility; They work hard; They're passionate, we love what they do; the client is always king; they have a culture of care for our staff.
About our Employees
As a member of their team, they expect all of their employees to embrace and work with the company core values:
Purpose of the Job
As Credit Controller you will take sole responsibility for all credit control functions of our UK and European sales. For the business to function effectively it’s essential that it receives timely payment of outstanding invoices and that effective controls are in place to manage credit risks.
You will work within the finance team and communicate regularly with the projects and sales teams to manage the fluctuating credit situations of existing and new customers
Incorporating but not limited to:
- Day-to-day collection of outstanding invoices – approx. £1.8 - £2.5 million across 200+ accounts monthly
- Building relationships with external customers and internal team members to get the needed action
- Dealing with customer queries
- Be able to operate as the sole credit controller
- Payment entering and allocation in finance and project systems
- Ad-hoc credit note and invoice generation
- Obtaining credit limits from insurers and setting up new accounts as required. Working with insurers and customers to get the best possible limits in place
- Monitoring scheduled project dates and account balances to sort any potential credit issues as early as possible.
- Applying the full range of debit collection tools including legal action and enforcement where necessary
- Reporting weekly on progress
- Key Skills and Capabilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to build links with and establish friendly rapport with a wide range of customers
- Polite tenacity to achieve the required outcomes without causing offence or ill-feeling
- Superb negotiating skills
- Ability to relate to, and work with, all levels in an organisation
- The ability to view the role as an art and not a science – being creative in how you engage with the customer and adapting your approach to get the required outcome.
- Useful skills and experience
- Experience in the construction and fit-out industries
- Experience with collecting from public sector customers
- Sage 50 accounts experience
- Other details
- You will report to the Finance Director
- You will be based at the office in Hemel Hempstead.
- Hours are Full Time or Part Time for a duration of 4-6 weeks initially