Our client is a growing multimnational that specialises in the installation of high quality geotechnical, structural and environmental instrumentation for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom. The company has grown significantly over the last three years. The Company has multi million pound contracts on some of the biggest construction and infrastrcutre Projects in the UK. These include: HS2, Lower Thames Crossing and Silvertown Tunnel.
Currently a large portion of their work is in Construction Geotechnical Monitoring largely in the South East. The intention is to grow in two main areas.
- Geotechnical / Construction Monitoring (outside of the South East)
- Ongoing Asset Management / Monitoring (UK wide; primarily in: Rail, Highway, Water/Utilities and Coal areas.
Overall Job Scope
The Head of Growth role is accountable for proactively identifying and securing high margin revenues in existing and additional areas. The role requires Business Development, Bid & Tender (including Contractual) Management and Transfer of opportunities into Projects / Operations.
The candidate must have a strong knowledge of the Geotechnical and Asset Monitoring landscape, have client contacts that can be developed and a practical attitude to implementing growth plans.
The role involves being part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and therefore requires positive input into the overall management of the company, safety leadership, line management and team building.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Identify areas for growth in existing and new monitoring markets.
- Develop implementation plans and support their execution.
- Develop relevant business cases necessary for expansion (CAPEX, OPEX, resource)
- Establish and maintain contact with potential clients, consultants and contractors.
- Reporting to Senior Management of revenue growth
- Maintain opportunities register
- Provide technical and financial proposals
- Tender reviews (including T&Cs)
- Respond to post tender queries
- Transfer of opportunities into Project / Operations
- Attendance at management meetings where required
Education and qualifications
University Degree in related subject Essential
Skills and knowledge
Knowledge of geotechnical + structural instrumentation Essential
Experience of developing and growing revenue streams Essential
Knowledge construction market place and purchasing processes Essential
Good computer literacy skills Essential
NEC Contract knowledge Desirable
Construction Site and instrument installation Desirable
First Hand Project Management and Delivery Desirable
Able to produce work in an accurate and timely manner Essential
Able to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision Essential
Able to prioritise work Essential