The right applicant would be able to construct bespoke joinery and furniture items within a busy workshop environment. To use a variety of workshop machinery and hand tools to ensure a quality finish to the item. Our client requires motivated makers, with meticulous attention to detail, who will always see things through to completion. Is honest, reliable, and confident with their tools.
Basic Hours: 7am- 5pm Monday to Friday.
Overtime Rate: Mon-Fri ( + 1/3) , Sat (+ ½), Sun (Double Time).
- Work from 2D AutoCAD drawings to prepare, construct and manufacture joinery items to drawing specification. Items include Reception Desks, Ceiling Features, Tea Points (commercial kitchens), Storage Units, Display Shelving, Seating Booths, Bleacher Seating and more.
- Plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
- Create accurate cutting lists to coordinate with CNC operator to program.
- Consider appropriate joining methods and components for application.
- Fabricate, renovate, and repair joinery and traditional furniture.
- Work with internal teams to explore innovative construction methods and suitable materials.
- Assemble furniture, including bespoke joinery.
- Prepare, sand and finish wooden products to a high standard, including laminate and veneer.
- 5+ years’ experience in Carpentry/ Bench Joinery
- Can operate wood working machinery
- Full set of own hand tools; including chisel, block plane & electric drill.
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing/assembly techniques
- Can read measurements off technical drawings
- Level 3 NVQ/ diploma in Bench Joinery, equivalent or above
- CSCS Blue/Green Card
Skills & Attributes:
- Confident operating both wood operating machinery and hand tools.
- Has the ability to read technical 2D AutoCAD drawings.
- Mathematically skilled, with the ability to use basic measuring equipment accurately.
- A quick learner, who can maintain focus and a high level of accuracy, whilst under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Can apply self-initiative to work independently as well as work well in a team.
- Well organized and works methodically, with good time management.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates Knowledge of joinery manufacturing techniques, common materials, components, and construction methods.
- Commercially aware and able to adapt to innovative manufacturing techniques.