CABINETMAKER / WOOD MACHINIST/ JOINER
Our client has an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for furniture making and machining who is interested in joining an energetic and friendly team.
Our client has been designing and making outstanding furniture by hand in England for over 35 years, and are very proud of their business.
They create handmade bespoke kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, studies and freestanding furniture for clients who appreciate high quality natural materials and traditional handcraft skills.
Their aim is to produce and install furniture to the highest possible standards.
They use only the finest quality timbers with the richest natural colours and smoothest grains. Their drawers are made of solid wood with traditional dovetail joints, ensuring they will last for years.
Our client is looking for candidates with the following skills and experience (some or all):
• Carpentry / Wood Machinist experience/qualification
• Good knowledge/experience of wood machinery
• Knowledge of mortises and tenon joints
• Experience working with laminates
• Experience in manufacturing and assembly
• Ability to take accurate measurements
• A keen eye for detail and accuracy, with ability to produce good quality work
• Flexible approach to working time to meet deadlines/peak workloads
• Manual handling knowledge (some lifting required)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
• 3 years’ experience
• Able to use wood milling, turning and CNC machines
• Able to read engineering drawings
• Able to use small hand tools
• Assembly skills
• Able to use jigs
• Bench joinery skills
• Team player
Wood Machinist to City & Guilds or NVQ level 3
The successful applicant would be offered an attractive salary package along with other benefits.