You will have formal training or a technical apprenticeship along with a relevant qualification in a plumbing, HVAC maintenance engineering discipline, able to ensure that the respective Technical Services are being delivered in a safe, compliant, diligent, and cost-effective manner. The candidate will possess good knowledge of maintaining and fault finding on LTHW, Chilled Water, HVAC and drainage systems while managing sub-contractors and ensuring a high quality of consistent service for the other site service delivery teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this client embarking on a new venture, offering plenty of growth, with the ability to vastly expand your skillset, and the encouragement and support to further your career progression. If you are a resilient, driven individual, happy to dive in and hit the ground running, with excellent interpersonal skills and a customer focused approach we would like to hear from you.
- Performing planned, reactive and predictive maintenance on mechanical systems and equipment (HVAC, LTHW, Pressurisation units, Chilled Water systems, Drainage & Mains Water systems)
- Performing periodic inspections on plant, equipment and automated systems
- Undertaking planned and preventive maintenance work
- Ensuring that equipment is kept in good working order
- Intervening immediately in the event of breakdowns, failures or malfunctions
- Repairing and/or replacing broken or defective components
- Checking repaired components and machinery to ensure normal functionality has been restored
- Documenting maintenance activities
- Management of the site Legionella prevention program
- Undertake installation of water pipework and ductwork systems
- Management of the subcontractors for various Hard & Soft Services disciplines
- Respond to the activities that are allocated via our CAFM Global Maximo on PDA devices
- Directly liaise with Contractors, OEM’s, technical specialists, suppliers, and distributors to assist with problem solving activities
- Develop strong relationships with the Sodexo team staff to encouraging a good team ethos, and build and maintain client relationships
- Ensuring all site mechanical services meet statutory, regulatory, health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Gaining quotes from sub contractors for maintenance or installation work
- Support the site team call out rota
Core Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm (early finish of 4pm on a Friday).
What we are looking for
- Strong plumbing background
- L2 C&G Plumbing qualification
- L2/L3 Legionella management qualification
- Experience of maintaining LTHW & Chilled water systems
- Computer literate with experience of all company standard software
- Resilient, motivated, confident, and customer focused
- Able to quickly identify opportunities to optimise and or improve engineering maintenance delivery.
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude, striving to develop and improve themselves as well as the role they perform
- Clean driving licence
- Company stakeholder pension scheme
- Tools, uniform & PPE provided
- Technical & personal development training
- Life assurance cover
- 24 hour remote GP support
- Corporate discounts (retail vouchers, discounted cinema tickets etc)
- Free basic will writing service
- Optional overtime
- Call out payment when on call + overtime offering 4 hours guaranteed pay as a minimum per call out plus the £150.00 per week of being available
- Time and a half for all hours worked for call out up to midnight and double time for after 12.00 and weekends.
- YOU WILL ONLY BE ASKED TO BE ON CALL ONCE PER 6 WEEKS UNLESS YOU REQUEST MORE FREQUENTLY