Role: Senior Estimator (Joinery)
Our clients are a passionately motivated team of highly skilled craftspeople and professionals who share the same vision and commitment to making and delivering bespoke furniture and joinery of the highest quality to the Interior Design, Superyacht and Architectural industries. The company has established an enviable reputation for being one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of high-end furniture and joinery and are involved in varied prestigious projects throughout the UK and abroad including private residences, royal palaces and super yachts serving some of the world’s most discerning clients.
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking a full time, experienced Senior Estimator with a Joinery background to join our team. The successful candidate will work with our existing team on often large and complex residential projects or super yacht work. Projects range from highly decorative freestanding furniture through to significant architectural joinery installations with contract values often up to £5m.
The role will require organising sub-contractors’ quotations, costing the materials, estimating labour hours, and preparing a tender submission. The Senior Estimator will be required to manage multiple tenders at any one time and support the Project Management team in the financial management of live projects to completion. The role will require regular client contact, assisting with client queries, attending mid tender interviews, design and client meetings. The Senior Estimator will be required to assist with the organisation of the estimating team, logging enquiries, reviewing tenders before submission and following up on live tenders.
- Experience in estimating with a Joinery / Cabinet Making background
- A good understanding of design, form and function
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Highly organised, methodical, and professional
- Strong IT skills are required, most notably Excel
- Competitive salary package, based on relevant experience
- Inclusion in the company profit share scheme
- Long service holiday award
- Pension scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Opportunities to work on International & Super yacht projects.