The company specialises in the supply and installation of high quality geotechnical and structural instrumentation to monitor movement in foundations and construction for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom and worldwide. They have access to and can system integrate a large range of standard instruments for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work. In addition to the standard range of instrumentation, they can supply specially engineered packages to meet specific requirements. We also manufacture data acquisition systems associated with geotechnical instrumentation and offer packages to meet project requirements.
Overall Job Scope
To organise, undertake and deliver site-based engineering surveys and manual monitoring activities with respect to project briefings. Processing and checking surveys whilst rigorously adhering to and ensuring that the prevailing standards and rules of the working environment are followed.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
Attending site and team meetings to ensure there is a good understanding of the required works, timelines and standard of work.
Carryout precise movement monitoring surveys.
Precise traversing for tertiary survey control.
Precise levelling for benchmark control.
Railway track surveys.
Survey and preparation of DTMs and contour plans.
Preparation of survey plans and section drawings using AutoCAD or similar.
Preparing MS Word based template reports.
Preparing MS Excel based template reports.
Ensure highest standards of health, safety, environment and quality are adhered to at all times.
Liaise with personnel and clients as required on site to pro-actively report on project progress.
- Higher Qualification relevant to Surveyor and/or Civil Engineering Essential
- Full clean driving license Essential
- CSCS qualified Essential
- PTS Desirable Sentinel ICI-LU Card Desirable
Skills and knowledge
- Leica 1200 series total station or better Essential Leica DNA03 precise level or better Essential
- Leica 1200 series GPS receiver or better Essential Leica TS06, TS15 and/or TS30 total stations) Desirable
- Knowledge of geotechnical + structural instrumentation Desirable Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills Essential
- Preparation of surveys using AutoCAD Essential
- MicroSurvey StarNet Desirable N4CE Survey Software Desirable
- Abilities Ability to work in an accurate and timely manner Essential
- Ability to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision Essential
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment Essential
- Ability to prioritise work Essential Quick learner with ability to use initiative Essential
- Communicate effectively and clearly Essential
- Experience Demonstrable surveying/monitoring surveying experience Essential
- Working in construction environment Desirable Tunnelling environments Desirable
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers, both verbally and in writing.
Attention to detail – Be precise and meticulous in ensuring processes are conducted correctly and in a timely manner.
Business Acumen – Ability to apply business acumen to solve problems.
Time management – Ability to effectively manage time and tasks to achieve high productivity.
Attitude – Maintaining a positive attitude towards all work matters and colleagues and always promoting and representing the company in a positive way.